Common Aquarium Problems
Even experienced aquarists will run into some common aquarium problems from time to time. Early detection and remedy can help you keep these problems from exploding into full blown aquarium emergencies.
Now You Have A Problem And You Have Hit A Brick Wall
Problems with your aquarium can soon arise after you have set it up and begun your regular maintenance schedule. You may have to tweak your schedule or activities to achieve better results. Don't be discouraged if you have problems, it happens to everyone eventually.
Here are some common problems that you may encounter. Go to their pages to learn about them and how to fix the issue.
- Cloudy Water Does your tank look like someone poured a glass of milk in it? If so, then you could have a fairly complex issue with some pretty simple fixes.
- Algae and Green Water Is your water green or do you have massive algae growth on your decor and glass? You may have something in your water, other than sunshine, that is giving you a headache.
- Ammonia Spike Does your water suddenly test high for ammonia level? Learn why this has happened and what you can do about it.
- Nitrite Spike Are Nitrite levels way above normal in your aquarium? This could be the after affect of an ammonia spike. Find out what you can do to move through this problem.
- Nitrate Spike Do you have a sudden explosion of algae growth and fish that just won't spawn? Your nitrate level may be out of whack. Find out what you can do to put an end to this problem.
Problems with your aquarium can be frustrating, but don't give up hope. A little patience and work can get your tropical fish aquarium back to healthy shape in just a few days.
For more information on Common Aquarium Problems, go to Wikipedia's Aquarium page.